Zbigniew Cichowski (1913-1984) was born in Poland, in Jarocin.
In the years 1929 – 1931 – student of the National School of Decorative Arts and Crafts in Poznań. In 1934, he continued his studies at the National Institute of Fine Arts in Poznan where he graduated in 1939.
In 1937, Zbigniew had been admitted to the second year of the Faculty of Painting and Sculpture at the Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow, where he was studying in prof. Jarocki and Pienkowski’s studio until 1939 – outbreak of the second world war.
During the occupation, he was sentenced to forced labor in Blendax Werke in Meinz on the Rhine River. After the war, depending on the political climate, he was working in his own painting and decorating company or in state-owned enterprises.
In the years 1952 – 1953 Zbigniew was teaching drawing at the Male College in Tarnowskie Góry. Not associated with any organization nor artistic state institution, he was painting for pleasure and his friends.
His works are in the collection of the European Centre of Communication and Culture in Falenica (Warsaw) and in private collections in Poland, France, Great Britain, Italy and Germany.
More information >>